Wednesday, May 27, 2009

 

Road to the CrossFit Games??

Well let's see what have I done this past week. I saw the Twins beat the Red Sox last night, that was a good time! Also I ate a giant thing of nachos and drank a refreshing beer. Pretty solid baseball experience all in all. Memorial Day weekend was nice. I took Friday off and laid outside and got way more sun than I expected. So I was a little burned the rest of the weekend. Got a few good workouts in. Ran with Girtz on Saturday. Celebrated Girtz's birthday on Saturday night. Good times, but I am pretty much over the downtown scene. At least after 10 PM or so anyway. Monday as part of my personal Memorial Day tribute I did the Murph workout: 1 mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1 mile run. It was absolutely terrible. I knew I would have a hard time keeping track so I actually got my mom to do it for me, haha. It ended up taking about 47 minutes and I was absolutely wrecked afterward. I'm still a little sore today. Also I ordered some kettlebells from Rogue Fitness last week and they came in today. So today I went to the park and made up my own little metcon:
AMRAP 20 minutes
-10 clean and press each arm (35 lb KB)
Run 200 meters
I think I got about 6 rounds in. And I was gassed at the end. But it was fun to do it outside. Then after a little break I did a mini Barbara (Barbie!):
5 rounds
-5 pullups
-10 pushups
-15 situps
-20 squats
Rest 3 minutes in between rounds. If this was the only workout I did today I would've scaled up to the full thing I think. As it was I completed each round in about a minute or so. Wasn't too bad, but felt good to do a little extra.
So tomorrow may be the beginning of a long journey. I am heading to CrossFit MSP to talk with Michael there about my goals and probably join up with that affiliate. I really think that if I trust in their coaching I can make some great strides this year. I am pretty excited about this possibility.

Comments:
JT, are you still updating this blog? I had started one similar to yours with random updates on my WODs (Doing Starting Strength right now) and other related crap in my life. If yours is still active, I might bring mine back up for shits and giggles.
 
Hey Randy, I haven't been keeping up this blog, but I'm thinking about kicking it into high gear. Where's your blog at?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?