Thursday, October 09, 2008

 

More Arrested Development Content!

I will try to make a conscious effort to include more Arrested Development content from now on due to the title of this blog.
Tonight was a pretty laid back night. I met up with Kangas for some wings at Buffalo Wild Wings out in Plymouth. It was really good to get together, I don't think we had hung out since early August when Sir Robert Miller was up. It's kind of funny how with good friends you can go extended periods of time without seeing each other and then when you do it's like you never missed a beat. We probably spent the next two hours talking about anything and everything and then tentatively made plans to try to do that more regularly on Thursdays which would rule.
Afterward, I started heading back toward Minneapolis and talked to Tran. We decided to meet up at Lyle's. It ended up being a pretty good time. Two for ones and some old dude that remembered pretty much everything about the Vikings all the way back to when they played at the old Met. This guy hated Les Steckel. And also told random stories about drinking with Tommy Kramer. I'm not sure if that was true or not.
I have felt like a huge slob this week. Just eating complete garbage and zero physical activity. I really want to get back and start doing stuff again, but I'm nervous about my knee. Even today there would be times that it would sort of get stiff on me. We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll take it for a test drive on Saturday or Sunday. I don't want to get too aggressive though. What I really need to do is get back in the Crossfit mode. I think that made a huge difference for me in the last month before the marathon. I know it will make me stronger as well as better conditioned. I've got 3 more classes at Revolution Defense and Fitness in Eden Prairie. I'll see after that's over if I want to join the gym on a month by month basis or if I want to try it on my own. I like the idea of going through some of these workouts in a group. The big thing is that I don't want to let myself off the hook on some of these workouts and really put myself on the line. I think a structured format would be good for this.
I'm thinking about heading to REI this weekend and using my 20 percent off coupon and getting some decent trail running shoes.
I really want to keep up with the intense fitness stuff for the next 4 to 6 months over the winter. That's what I'm worried about right now: keeping up the motivation level and keeping at it. I'd also like to maybe get in another 10K/5K/whatever before the New Year.
It sounds like some of us are going to be heading out west to go skiing/snowboarding in January. I can't wait. My number one pick is for Park City, Utah. More and more I just wish I lived out in the general vicinity of the Rocky Mountains. I could do any job out there and be happy because my nights and weekends would be spent outdoors year round.
What's everyone's favorite albums so far this year?
I think my number one right now has got to be The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound followed closely by The Hold Steady - Stay Positive.
Hey, two posts in two days. Not a bad re-beginning.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?