Monday, October 20, 2008

 

It's sooooo decadent.

Another week, another blog post.

It was a solid weekend. Dipped out of work on Friday and picked up some new jeans and a few new shirts. Then I made it to Lifetime and proceeded to whip my own ass. I just repeated a little workout I learned at Crossfit Minnesota a couple weeks back. Take a 20 pound dumbbell and basically you do a single arm overhead snatch, then do a press, then an overhead squat, hold at the bottom, do another press, and come back up from the squat. That's one rep for one arm. Continue with the opposite arm until you've completed 5 reps each arm. Then sprint over to the C2 Rower and row 200 meters. That's one round. Complete as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes. I think I made it 5. Finished it off with a 400 meter row. I was pretty beat after that so I just walked around the track a little bit. Then decided to get some just straight up cardio in and hopped on the bike for a half hour or so. Felt pretty good about the workout, went home and had a big glass of milk and a turkey sandwich. I'm trying out a little bit this get lean diet I've read about. Basically all it's amounted to so far is just abstaining from mayo on sandwiches, sticking to whole wheat bread, and staying away from fried food as much as possible. Nothing real drastic so far, but maybe I'll get a little more into it.

So there's the Friday workout report. Other than that, it was pretty laid back. Hung out with Tran and Bune on Friday night. It was pretty fun we headed out to a few places on Lyndale. We both stayed over and woke up the next day and grabbed some food at Green Mill. The rest of the day on Saturday was spent on the couch and a little bit outside enjoying the day. I was pretty sore from Friday's workout, so I took the day off.

Headed to the apple orchard on Sunday and got a bag of some pretty good stuff. Also got a big gallon jug of apple cider! I'm currently enjoying a mug this very moment. I also watched one and a half movies and had dinner at the Liffey. I also remembered that I'm extremely allergic to cats. By the time I got home, my left eye was pretty much swollen shut. It still doesn't look quite right.

I'm still behind on this report at work. I don't know why I can't just buckle down and finish it up. It really shouldn't take more than a day if I just sit down and focus in on it.

I think I'm going to take one more week off running and then ease back into it next Monday and see how things go. Also I'm headed to Crossfit Minnesota on Tuesday and Thursday. Should be a good time. I'm still not real confident in my technique for some of the Olympic lifts. Wednesday night appears to be date night at Dave and Buster's in Maple Grove. I'll see if I can stay away from the Simpsons coin-rolling game. It's not looking good.

The Living History Farms race is looking to be a good time. We've got a real team now: Me, Joel, Valley, Karl, and Berndt. I believe we'll have a little moral support as well as Kerin is coming. I'm definitely looking forward to November 22nd.

AND, apparently there is an information session at the U on November 6th for their Master's in Ed/Initial Licensure program. I do believe I will check that out and see what's involved.

Also I "sort of" started growing a beard. I'm already kind of sick of it. Shave or no? I can't decide. I bought some crappy shaving cream that doesn't really work, so that's one reason I haven't. I should have just stuck to the old standby.

Are there any good shows coming up? It appears that I will not be seeing the Hold Steady in November. Maybe I'll see the big hardcore show at the Triple Rock. Actually there are two: Bane/H20 and Ceremony/Blacklisted/Have Heart. I know Berndt will want to attend the Bane/H20 show so that should be fun. Also maybe Joel will be home. Since he's got the "You Can Count Me Out" tattoo he better go. When are the Ashtray Hearts playing around here again?

That's about it for this week. Oh I can't wait for Fallout 3 to come out next week.

Comments:
Keep the beard for a while (if it's not already gone).

And I've heard the The Living History Farms run is great! Enjoy it!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?