Monday, October 13, 2008

 

Aaaand I skipped breakfast, so I'm off to Burger King!

Well I went out for a short run tonight. About 4.5 miles or so according to the Garmin. I kept a good pace for the most part. My lungs and heart felt great, but at about 2.5 miles in my right knee started feeling a little stiff. It's a little sore right now. I was surprised that my foot didn't bother really any more than it does just walking around. So that was a good thing. I guess the test will be in the morning, to see how things feel then. My new shoes seemed to hold up alright. This is the first time I've run in anything seriously besides Mizuno, I hope they work out. I trust the folks at Marathon Sports in South Minneapolis though, so I have no fear.

Before my next blog post I will upload my latest runs from the Garmin and put the link to my MotionBased site in the margin on this here blog.

I'm thinking that I want to do the Living History Farms Race in Iowa in November. Any takers? I sent an email to Joel, so hopefully if he's home by then he'll be game to check it out.

The weekend was a good time. Friday night was spent heading up to Maple Grove to my cousin's house for a birthday party. There was plenty of spaghetti for everyone. It was good for everyone to get together in one place. I didn't stick around too long as other plans were in store. There was a veritable entourage heading out on the town for Myles's birthday. Good times were had. Girtz and I didn't de-brief until Monday at lunch and there were some pretty good stories. I think they are best left to legend. Saturday was a horribly lazy day for me. I slept in, then watched TV forever, then took a nap. I still didn't make it to the grocery store so I was looking for something to do for dinner. Tran was up for meeting somewhere, so we headed to the Herkimer. It was pretty warm outside and it ended up being a nice night to chill outside. I had planned on having a pretty laid back evening, but after the food was finished Dave got a text message from one of his friends and they were headed out downtown. We decided to join them at Solera. There was much discussion of Halloween costumes. Michael Phelps or Tom Petters? I can't decide. We ended up going to the Lounge and the Imperial Room, which ended up being the most unlikely of places. My original plan was to head to Mac's in northeast with Girtz. I guess it wasn't meant to be because he said his Kenyan dinner didn't sit all that well. I closed out the night with a beer on the roof and my iPod. A pretty good way to end up actually. Unfortunately that meant I didn't really get a whole lot of good sleep on Saturday either.

After sleeping in on Sunday too (I was REALLY lazy this weekend) I yelled at the TV for a while during the Vikings game. Did my usual thing of heading up to the folks' place for dinner and some good downtime.

Tasks for the upcoming week:
-Try to be charming on Tuesday and Thursday
-Clean up the room (this may be futile given that there is still a giant hole in the wall)
-Actually get some groceries
-Go for two or three runs
-Get a two or three Crossfit workouts in
-Finish this report for work! I am officially the "long pole in the tent."
-Buy Dead Space and play late at night with all the lights off and the sound way up.
-Start generating a fall mix.
-Do some research for this ski trip to Park City.
-Brainstorm an actual Halloween costume. The Tom Petters and Michael Phelps reference above was a joke.

This might be a lot to accomplish in the next 6 days. That's all for now.

Comments:
A bunch of my friends last year did Living History Farms and had a ton of fun. I'm totally in for the trek to Iowa!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?