Friday, December 30, 2005

 

My life has become a boring pop song and everyone is singing along

Finished the brutal week after Christmas at work. It was pretty rough mainly because nobody else was around. I guess that's my own fault, I didn't have any vacation left. Ah well, it wasn't too bad, I just wish I would've gotten more stuff done. It snowed all last night and most of today and there's a pretty good amount on the ground. Heavy and wet snow.

New Year's Eve is tomorrow and it should be an okay time. Isabel's friend is having a party over in St. Paul and I guess we'll probably head over there. It'd be nice to hang out with everyone, but that just won't happen this year. Everyone's kind of got their own plans this year. Ah well, NYE is kind of overrated anyway. Although, I think I might actually get into the New Year's resolution thing this year. Right now all I've got is one, first month of January is detoxification, meaning no alcohol, no pop, the only things I'm going to drink are milk, water, and/or juice. Hopefully I can hold to that for one month. If I can do it for longer that's even better.

A lot of people around here have been putting out lists of the best local music to come out this year. There were more than a couple mentions of The Ashtray Hearts - Perfect Halves so I'm recommending that anyone reading this check them out. I'll probably post more in a couple days about what some of my favorite stuff was to listen to this year.

Got a couple books for Christmas:
Next Man Up - John Feinstein
The Fabric of the Cosmos - Brian Greene
Both of them seem very interesting. I started on Next Man Up, and it's pretty good so far.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?