Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

First post

Alright, so this is my first post, perhaps of many to come? Who knows. Let's see, lately: Christmas shopping, obscenely cold weather, boring work. I just want the chance to contribute more, maybe that's my fault, maybe it's not, I'm not sure. I definitely miss school, the constant learning, the constant challenge. I just don't feel like I have that anymore. Ideally, I'd like to work in a place where I'm consistently challenged. Maybe that's unrealistic. Anyway, I'd like to start reading again soon. Our Band Could Be Your Life is one book that I wanted to pick up. It's a chronicle of a lot of different underground groups from the 80s and 90s, like The Replacements, Husker Du, Fugazi, Dinosaur Jr, etcetera. So there's a pretty good Minnesota representation also. I've been listening to a lot of downtempo stuff lately, that probably doesn't help my state of mind: The Ashtray Hearts - Perfect Halves (if you like mellow alt-country type stuf), Low - Things We Lost in the Fire (most people have heard of Low, this is my first foray into their catalog, I like it). I also picked up the Blackout Pact disc, they're playing at the Triple Rock tomorrow, I might go. I got a new cell phone yesterday. Same model as my old one, but at least this one hopefully won't have the microphone difficulties that the other one did. Anyway, hopefully this won't be my last post for like 3 weeks.

Comments:
you like music so much why don't you do something with that? you've always talked about it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?